We at SVT we have an extensive product range of Oil immersed Transformers, from range of 25 KVA to 5,000 KVA up to 33 KV voltage. We adhere to IS 2026 and BEE Standards. The transformer is a static inductive device that can step the voltage up and down to transfer electrical power efficiently. Moreover, by selecting the optimal insulating structure through the electric field analysis of insulation between turns, sections, windings and phases, the Transformer’s electrical stability is achieved.
Features and Benefits
- A transformer having its core and coils immersed in an insulating oil such as mineral oil.
- The transformers are fitted with fins through which the oils pass through as they transfer the heat to the atmospheric air. The oil in the transformers needs to be periodically sampled and checked for integrity.
- The unique core and coil designs and the use of special turn insulating materials makes the unit extremely compact, reliable and durable
- Oil Type transformers may require periodic sampling of the oil and more exhaustive maintenance procedures
- Used in public distribution systems, commercial buildings and industrial complexes
- SVT uses high quality Cold Rolled Grain Oriented Magnetic Silicon Steel to ensure optimum losses and efficient working of the transformer.
- These laminations are assembled in such a manner that there is no air gap between the joints of two consecutive sheets. The entire assembly is done on a frame commonly known as core channel. These frames being used as a clamping support of the core assembly.
- A power transformer mainly consists of windings arranged concentrically around a high grain magnetic core. The electrical designer is responsible for dimensioning of the active part by running various calculations and simulations.
- The windings are designed to optimize Thermal, Mechanical & Electrical stresses depending upon the current & voltage requirements. They can be of (a) Spiral Type, (b) Cross Over Type, (c) Helical Type, (d) Continuous disc type. The coils are made from paper covered or synthetic enamelled copper or aluminium conductors of EC grade.
Quality Assurance and Control Quality control (QC) is a process by which the manufacturing quality of all factors involved in production is checked against set design requirements and manufacturing tolerances. Quality control focuses on in process testing of products to uncover defects and report to management.
Tanking and Fabrication
The tanks are made of mild steel and are of welded type. Suitable stiffeners are provided for robust construction. Enough cooling radiators made from elliptical tubes/pressed steel fins are provided to maintain the temperature rise within specified limits. All welds are tested, ensuring 100% leakproof of seems and mechanical strength. Trasnformera with Corrogated Fin-Type radiators can aslo be supplied. The fins are manufactured of Gold-rolled steel.The fin height and length are according to customer’s specifications and fins can be plain or embossed. All transformer tanks are given a smooth finishing by using the “SHOT BLASTING” process.